KNOCKING OF BATS.
1. Apply Raw linseed oil ( available in our store) to the face, edges and back of the bat evenly, 2 to 3 teaspoons of oil is the correct amount. Whilst oiling take care not to oil the splice (where the handle fits into the blade), handle or labelled areas, also take great care not to over oil the bat as this will deaden the fibres of the timber and affect performance.
2. Leave the bat horizontal and face up to dry for 24 hours.
3. If you are planning to use the bat in its natural state, without an anti scuff sheet, then repeat steps 1 and 2 twice more. If you are planning to have a protective anti scuff sheet fitted then one initial coat of oil is sufficient.
5. Fibre tape is applied to the edges of the bat and an Anti scuff sheet is fitted over the top if required. We strongly recommend this procedure. Fiber tapes is available on our online store.
6. Test the blade using a good quality old ball during a light net session or having "throw downs". If seam marks and indentations occur further knocking in is required.
Acrux Sports offers a knocking service done by our professional players who take utmost care of your precious bat while knocking. Please call us for more details.